October 31, 2011

Week 50

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! (a holiday that is not celebrated in Taiwan...)

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE! I LOVE IT! The chocolate is already gone! Just kidding! But thank you so much!

It has been a fabulous week!

We were able to witness another beautiful baptism! Sweet sister Liu was baptized on Wednesday.  Sister Li and I met her on the street about 4 months ago. It has been such a blessing to see her grow and progress. Her baptism was beautiful. Lots of supportive people there. Sister Liu bore an amazing testimony! She has been searching for the truth for 20+ years! It was awesome to hear her testimony and how happy she was when she found what it was she was looking for... She started starting being a missionary right away. She met on of our other investigators and just started sharing her testimony and teaching. It was amazing. She is so excited to share the gospel. It is so beautiful! I love her!

We had an amazing family that are formers come to church a few weeks ago. A family that I taught. A mom and 2 kids. It was so awesome to see them again and to know of their desire. But it is actually a really sad story. The father was abusive... It just breaks my heart. The kids are 13 and 9. They are just the sweetest. They have such a big desire to be baptized and I am so grateful that I get to teach them. Their mom also has a great desire. Just a beautiful family truly in need of the protection and blessing of the gospel.

I received an amazingly joyful letter this week... One of my recent converts, actually my first baptism, Sister You sent me a letter with a beautiful picture of her at the temple. Tears were in my eyes. So much joy! She bore such a beautiful testimony of the temple, baptism, and the Atonement. It was so beautiful. Such a sweet gift. It was so great because in the picture was the member that actually gave her a baptismal goal. Awesome Tina!  It was amazing!

I love this work so much! It really is so amazing! I continued to be amazed by the Lord's mercy everyday. His love and care for all of us. His desire for us to be in His fold and His help so that we can do so is truly magnificent.

I love you all so very much!!!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment