October 31, 2011

Week 46

Nimen Hao!
It has been a great week! I am so so so so SO excited for conference! I hope you all enjoyed it! I am hearing great things!
 
Good news! Bree went to church with Jessica yesterday!!!!! She said she gets rather bored at church. But she is coming with us to conference this week. She is lightening up. Her prayers are so sweet and she is so very thoughtful. I love her!

Cute Erika had to change her baptismal date because she has a big work conference in Taipei (I might have spoken too soon about her desire to get baptized before conference.) She is so sweet and so prepared! I love her!

Sister Liu fasted for her work. She really wants to be able to receive the blessing of baptism but she just has something in the way. I love her!

We have met a lot of new, sweet, and prepared investigators this week. It has truly been a blessing. I love them!

Okay... Story time... So early Saturday morning my companion went to go to the bathroom and came back in and said..."Both of our toilets have overflowed"... I got up and yes both of the toilets had overflowed with all sorts of business that I do not need to write about all over our bathroom floors... So we went to talk to the apartment manager and he said will have to wait a few hours to call anyone. Well we were trying to study and the smell was just getting worse so we decided it would be best to go to the church. We were waiting to know whether we should pay for the plumber or the landlord. Then the one of the office Elders called and said just get the plumber there and we'll pay for it and figure it out later. So the plumber comes... with a plunger. Both Sister Watterson and I smile a little and just think to ourselves "oh thats not gonna work." He tries it. Doesn't work. Then walks around with the plunger all through the apartment. Calls his friends. They come over. Electric saw off our toilet (yes, saw off our toilet.) Stick some chain/cord thing down there and pull who knows what up. Then just cement the toilet back on and say good to go (okay wait a day for the cement to dry but basically good to go) So turns out one of the big pipes had a problem and decided to attack our apartment. We luckily didn't have to pay... but.... we spent most of our Saturday cleaning up the interesting mess. Thank goodness for Clorox because our apartment now smells like a swimming pool.... Yes, I am all pooped out! :)

But on a sweeter note... Today we celebrated Sister Wattersons birthday and went to a super cute little boutique lunch place mom would have loved. It was a lot like "Food for Thought" but better. It is a school for disabled adults to learn how to live on their own and working in the food industry. So they have teachers help them make all the food. They have cute little crafts for sell. They are so sweet! The food was delicious and it was such a sweet experience.
Sister Liu, Bree, Jessica, Sister Pomeroy and her new companion Sister Cooper all joined us for the party. Sister Watterson made us share a cake and celebrate my birthday a little too because Sister Liu, Bree and Jessica weren't able to make it to my little birthday gathering. It was so much fun! I LOVE them all so much!

I LOVE all of you so so so so so sooooooo much!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment