July 18, 2011

Week 33

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!! I hope the fam's all having fun at a big BBQ and fireworks! I'm secretly hoping we get fireworks tonight... they do them randomly here so I thinking there is a good possibility :)

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!! Just TREMENDOUS (amazing haha) Zhende, tai hao le! I loved it so much! My companion, our investigators, members, and the beautiful people of Taiwan thank you for the foot spray. All the Amah's (grandma's) that keep telling me to wear long shirts and jackets thank you for the sunscreen. I love the shirts so much especially since they smell like home :) and the chocolate.... it's gone! Just Kidding... I have limited myself to one in the morning and one at night to make it last! :) Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love you!!!!!

It's been a good week! We have some really great investigators... one is the Chen Family. They are so cute! Chen Jiemei is going to have a sweet baby boy at the end of this month... She's so cute and such a trooper. She's always so happy and bubbly. Her husband is really funny and so supportive of her. He's always running to go get her food and something to drink. They are a really cute family. Chen Dixiong's family protests him joining the church but said its okay for Chen Jiemei to join so we are really trying hard to help this FAMILY receive the gospel.

We also have a cute little old lady named Chen Mama. She is 77 yrs old and so sweet. She looks like she's in her 50's. She's still up and going. She is Buddhist so this week we focused a lot on the Savior, His atonement, and His resurrection which, I believe, really helped her better understand this gospel. She's just lovely.

Zhang Hui Zhu (last week) still has family fandui (protest) but is continuing to read the Book of Mormon and we're hoping to meet with her soon but it depends on her mom..... Also we found out cute Wang Yu Ying has family fandui.... she is so awesome. She reads the Book of Mormon writes questions that she wants to ask us. She is so great! ... These girls are so amazing! Truly beautiful daughters of God and they both love this gospel! I love them!

Oh I just love the people! The Taiwanese people are so sweet! They are so beautiful.....

This week in personal study I was reading in Mosiah... I love King Benjamin's address... I love how it says that they all came in families to listen to King Benjamin. They all turned their tents towards the temple to hear his words... I have thought about this in a few different ways... as their tents being their hearts, their minds, their focus.. towards the temple, or towards the words of the prophets, toward the Savior, towards things of righteousness... But I love that it is FAMILIES coming together to face the temple and hear the words of the Lord! Oh I love the Book of Mormon!

Well... my time is about up...

I love you all so so so so so much!!!!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment