July 25, 2011

Week 35

HELLO!!!!!!

Oh it has been such an amazing week! I have so much I want to write but not enough time to write it :)

Sister Chen got baptized! WOW! Yep, Chen family, Sister Chen got baptized! She was just ready to jump and I wasn't going to stop her. It was a beautiful baptism! She bore a beautiful testimony. Surprisingly there were no problems with her baby bump getting all the way in the water. It was wonderful. And Brother Chen said that he has noticed a big change in his wife since she has gotten baptized which has also built his desire to be baptized... Oh I love this family!

We met an awesome family this week! A member in Taipei gave sent us an address of a family she knows that was interested in receiving a priesthood blessing.Well we went over to meet them and set up a good time for a blessing and found out that the referral, Sister Lin, has no hearing. Both her and her older sister are hearing impaired. We were able to communicate through writing back and forth. They explained to us that their mother had a stroke 10 years ago and has not been able to move or speak since and that they would really like for her to receive a blessing. We were able to set an appointment for the next day...... I cannot describe the beautiful feeling that was in their mothers room. She is so beautiful. Weak and fragile but truly beautiful. The blessing was beautiful. Tears were in every ones eyes. We were able to write down parts of the blessing so that her 2 daughters knew what she was blessed with. They were so grateful. They then reiterated what had been said... I was so amazed how they would sign to their mother and she would move her eyes and blink back. I was able to witness a beautiful miracle of the Spirit speaking to their hearts...It was truly such a beautiful experience I will never forget....Sister Lin and her older sister, sister's husband and 2 kids, and their member friend all came to church on Sunday. We found out one of the sisters in their ward can sign and it just so happens that she would be teaching the lesson in Relief Society that day... What a tender mercy from the Lord!

Today we had the beautiful blessing of going to the Taipei Temple. Oh it is a beautiful temple. I love the temple. I truly feel that it is such a blessing to have a temple so close and to be able to go on my mission. I realized again that that is why I am here... to help families be together forever.

Oh I love this work! It has been a great week!

I LOVE you all sooooooooooooooooooooo much!

Until next week!

Pictures
1 Sister Chen's baptism
2 Temple
3 Our District
4 My Comp and I




No comments:

Post a Comment