May 30, 2011

Week 28

Ni Hao!

It's been another great week!

Xu Ming Shan was baptized on Saturday! She was just glowing. She cried after the service (happy tears, don't worry). The service was beautiful and she had a lot of the ward there to love and support her. Ming Shan bore a beautiful and pure testimony. It was wonderful. So great! On Thursday we went out to dinner with her for her birthday. It was so fun! We dropped off flowers at her place the day before and we made her a card and gave it to her at dinner. She smiled so big when we gave it to her. She said that she's never had a birthday like this, that she had never had friends go out with her or make her something. She was SO happy! I love that feeling of helping others feel joy and happiness! Yesterday she was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. The blessing was beautiful! The most beautiful I have heard. She cried again. She said that she could feel something special when they put their hands on her head. I told her it was the Holy Ghost. She cried some more and said that she loves this feeling. She is AMAZING!!!!

We had a wonderful mission conference on Friday! Elder Jay Jensen, a member of the Presidency of the Seventy, came to speak to our mission. It was wonderful! We woke up at 3 a.m. to be at the train station at 4 to get on a bus at 4:30 for a 3hour bus ride to TaiZhong (Taichung). We all slept on the way up (okay so the last hour we all chatted haha). That was fun! When we got off the bus we had all the north zones there waiting for us... I was so so so happy to see my friends. I ran to Sisters Reece, Rigby, and Miller and gave them all big hugs! It was so great to chat with them and hear of their areas and the beautiful people they have met.... The actual mission conference was AMAZING! Elder Jensen is a fabulous teacher. I wish I could say all that he talked to us about but there is not enough time and it wouldn't sound as good in my words. But one thing that he said is that "conversion is simply remembering what we taught and accepted before this life." I love that! Everything we teach, they already know. We are just sparking a memory. He also said that we all want to do good things but we have a battle between our spirit and our body. His example was a missionary's 6:30 wake up. The spirit is ready to get up and be obedient but the body thinks "just 5 more minutes." Its a battle we face all the time. Our spirit and the natural man. Oh it was such a great conference. Definitely worth the 3 a.m. wake up (and don't worry I changed my alarm to 6:25 just in case the 5 min thing happens haha)

I received a letter from cute You Jiemei, she was one the sisters baptized in my first area, and she is doing so well. She shared with me a beautiful testimony of the Book of Mormon and told me how much she is loving church and being a member! So great!!!

Other than that the week was full of lessons and contacting. Lots of contacting. We talk to everyone. People on bikes, scooters, and in cars. EVERYONE! I love that I get to bear my testimony so many times a day. I get rejected most of the time but I still love it!

Well it's been a great week!

I love you all so so so so much!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment