January 3, 2011

Week 7

Ni Hao!!!!

It's been another great and EXCITING week here at the MTC!

This week I experienced my first time on crutches.... Don't worry mom. I'm okay!

A few weeks ago my right foot started bothering me... After a few days I decided to go to the trainers during Gym.They didn't know what was wrong and just said to relax it for a few days and sit out in gym.So I did and it got worst. I went back to the trainers and they gave me some exercises. On Wednesday the pain got pretty bad and started shooting into my ankle and up my leg so I went to the doctor here. He didn't know what it was so he sent me to Urgent Care.They didn't know what was wrong so they put me on crutches until I could get in to the podiatrist which wasn't until Friday... Crutches in the MTC are kinda funny. Well me on crutches is funny. First day an Elder took one of my crutches out with a door when he was coming out of the bathroom... I fell into the wall. It was pretty funny. The next day I fell on my face in front of a group of Elders...I'm still not sure how it happened exactly except my good foot gave out and I couldn't work the crutches... also a good laugh. I finally went to the doctor on Friday and we figured it out...TENDINITIS!!! I guess its a pretty bad case. I'm in a boot for 3 - 5 weeks and they gave me some steroids.... I'm hoping it heals really fast cause I need to be able to walk on the plane without the boot!!!!  So with all that, its been an exciting week!

We had an amazing devotional on Tuesday. Elder Snow from the Second Quorum of the Seventy came to speak to us. It was amazing!!! One thing he said that I loved is "a testimony is something we know and feel but a conversion is something we do and become." He said this year instead of making a list of all the things we want to do in 2011 we should make a list of what we want to become! I honestly recommend it even though the year has already started.

It has been an amazing week full of laughs and the Spirit! I hope it was the same for all of you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment