January 23, 2011

Week 9

Ni hao!!!

What a week!!!!

So i have a new companion!....

Her name is Sister Smith! She is originally fr Alaska and she is awesome!!!! She lived in Taiwan when she was 16 for 10 months and loved it. She also studied in China for  a semester and taught English in Japan for a semester so lets just say that she loves Asia!!!!

She is so sweet and caring! She's also a lot of fun!...

I'm not going to lie at first i really missed my Sister Reece and Okada (even though we still live in the same room and we're still tin the same district. which, by the way, has more sisters than Elders so that's kind of different but we love it)

I was also a little nervous about really being senior companion.... I knew I was supposed to teach her the  ropes and i wanted to do it right but i have learned that i really can only do my best.

the whole investigator situation has been crazy... each teacher wanted to do something different... at first i lost all but one investigator... then i got all of them back... then we decided to split in a weird way..... Just so we're clear my investigators are really my teachers... I'm sorry if i made it seem like they were real... it really feels way real... i cried a lot this week because i missed them so much and because i love them so much.... so i lost them, then i got them back, then we split them... so we are starting with 3... GAO (old), Liu (old but starting again with lesson 1), and Yang (new investigator) So exciting! We only taught once this week because of the craziness of deciding and because Sister Smith is overwhelmed  enough as it is so I'm really excited to get teaching again.. I have missed it dearly...

My foot is doing much better! It still gets a little sore but I have the shoe inserts now and they are helping tons... Thanks mom and dad! i have an appointment on Thursday SO hopefully it goes well and the Dr will say that I'm good to go (my branch president wants me to get some cortisone shots to help speed it up even more so we'll see what the doc says) 

Best part of the week... Guess who came to visit.... Elder Holland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing! He spoke to us Tues. night and it was absolutely amazing! I know it is exactly what the Lord wanted us to hear!!!! He talked about many things but I'll just name a few from my 5 pgs of notes... yes front and back.... My favorite part was when he talked about the apostle Peter... He talked about the Savior asking Peter if he loved Him? .. Peter said Yes.. and the Savior said more then these nets, boats, ores... peter  said yes... Savior asks again Peter says yes... then the Savior asks if he loves Him more than anything... Peter says yes i do.... the Savior then says then feed my sheep... He told the story so powerfully.. I realized that i need to be better at showing my Savior that I love Him... More than anything.... It truly was so amazing and powerful!!!

I wish i could write more but I'm out of time!!! 

   Love you all!!!
  
   Until next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment