April 30, 2012

Week 66


Dearest LOVED ones!!!!!
 
Another week of miracles!
 
We have been working with a sweet Sister Zhong. She is so funny and so sweet. She basically ran over and asked to be baptized when we met. She is planning on getting baptized this Sunday after church. :) Oh the joy!!!!
 
But as you know my time is short here.....So here it goes...... (I cannot believe how fast this time has gone by.... It really is so crazy...)
 
I am so very grateful for the opportunity and blessing I have had by serving a mission. It has been the best 18 months FOR my life. I honestly cannot put into words my feelings at this time or my gratitude and love for my mission. There have been ups and downs, deep waters and great joys. I know that I will forever be changed and blessed from my mission. I am so very grateful for the many beautiful people I have been so blessed to meet. I thought I was coming here to change there lives by sharing the gospel with them but really they changed mine. There are so many sweet and special moments I will never forget. The moments when they know it's true. The calls to tell us they just receive their answer in the Book of Mormon. Their stories of prayer.  Seeing them change. Overcoming hard habits and weaknesses, even sicknesses. Overcoming family opposition or friends that don't agree. Riding up a mountain to visit an old woman and her smile when you get there. The members... So many wonderful moments but the ones I will never forget are their smiling faces when they come up from the waters of baptism. The joy on their faces and the pure joy in my heart. Oh how I will miss these moments... Oh how I will miss these beautiful people that I love.... I have loved these past 18 months so much and I am so very grateful that I could come to Taiwan and serve in this part of the Lord's vineyard. I am so grateful for this time I have had to become closer to my Savior and my Father in Heaven....I wish I could put it into words but I can't.
 
I know that God lives and loves His children. He truly is our Father. I know He answers prayers because I know He answered the prayer of a young boy and later through that young boy restored His true church to the earth. Through the restoration of His gospel we are able to live with our families forever and through His words, in the Book of Mormon, learn of this plan and receive His guidance. I know that Christ lives and loves us. I know that He was with us in the pre-existence and that He volunteered to come to this Earth and sacrifice for our sins and our every pain and trial. He is our Savior, Redeemer, Brother, and Friend. I know that He will come again. I pray that I will be worthy to live in His presence, to feel His hands and to kneel at His feet.
 
I love you all so very much. I don't know if I can express the gratitude I have for all of you. Your support, love, and prayers. I hope you can know and feel how much it has meant to me.
 
I love you soooooooooooooooooo much!
 
Until next week!!!!! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment