April 17, 2012

Week 64

Dearest Loved Ones!!!!!

WOW! I cannot believe how time has flown by.... so crazy!!!!!! And I know how fast the next 3 weeks are going to go... ahh!!!!!!!!! It feels so surreal. It still hasn't hit me yet... I can't even put into words how much I love my mission and how much I love these people. Leaving them is going to be the hardest part.... oh I'll cry... next subject...

Can I just tell you all how much I love my companion?! Sister Tanner is so amazing!!!!! She is so wonderful! I don't know what I would do without her! I love her!

It has been a great week. This week had many ups and downs but miracle Sunday made it all the best!

We had a rather slow week to begin with... But we also had some miracles. We were down because several of our investigators dropped their baptismal date. Some even stopped meeting with us. I was down and was reminded by our district leader of the story of Nephi and his brothers going to get the plates. How they tried 2 times with no success and were down and disappointed but Nephi went back. He finds Laban just laying there like he fell right into his hands. Elder Farr said that our Laban was somewhere and that we would just find them there ready to get baptized.... Well Sunday came around and that is just what happened. We received a referral from the Elders of a sweet teenage girl that they had mistaken for a boy... yes a little awkward but she is great!  She has been coming to church for over a month and came to conference last week and loved it. She had never had time to meet with the Elders but I think that might have been because they are Elders haha so we met with her and we talked a bit about baptism and she said how she really wants to get baptized. It was just like Elder Farr said. We found a wonderful girl with a beautiful desire to get baptized.... So amazing! So GREAT week!

Also.. Last week we went tomb sweeping. Its a big holiday here where they have the day off to clean the graves or tombs of their ancestors. Well seeing as it only happens once a year... well here's some pics of the day. It was a great day of service!

Well sorry this is short!

Sure love you all so much!!!!!!!

Until next week!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment