April 1, 2012

Week 60

Qin Ai de Jia Ting!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a great week!!!!! So many miracles!

Okay first Sister Yan. She really is so great! She has so much faith. Every time we go meet with her the first thing she talks about is her baptism. She understands and desires a new start. She is so excited for it this week. She has some health issues so she wasn't able to make it to church yesterday and she was so worried that she would have to change her baptismal date. I just love her so much and I am so grateful for her example. She works so hard for her family. She has felt many blessings from the gospel and knows that there are more that await her. I love her so much!

We also saw some other miracles. Sister Wang (members sister) set her own baptismal goal. :) It was kind of funny... We invited her to get baptized on April 7th and she said that she set the goal for April 1st but she still needs to work with her husband on it. She said that he knows that she comes to church but doesn't support baptism. So we hope to help her and her husband. Her faith is building. Recently she has received a lot of answers and strength from her prayers.She is wonderful.

We were also able to start building a relationship with Sister Tong (same members daughter) She is 14 and both her little brother and older brother were recently baptized. At first she was very standoffish... Didn't want to meet or really talk with us. But we went over yesterday and took her a gift. A picture of Christ and some mentos. We talked to her for a bit and asked if we could have a movie night (obviously a church movie). Sister Tong said yes and set a date. When we left we asked if we could pray together and she offered to say it! It was such a big change. It was so amazing.

And another! So the 3rd Branch Elders had a baptism on Saturday. We were obviously excited and invited investigators to attend. Well we got there and they went up to introduce her and then it hit me... a flashback to when I met her at the park. I met her and her friend. She said that her dad was a member and that the Elders came to visit him quite often. I asked if she ever sat with them and she said no... Well we kept talking and shared with her and her friend the message of the Restoration. We referred them and then I remember seeing her at church once so I said hello again... Then there she was in white. It was such a joyful event. I probably should have done more to follow up with the Elders and her but I felt that I might have helped in some way, It just testified again to me that we don't know all those that we help. Sometimes we are planting the seeds and we don't see the results but I felt truly blessed to see this result.

This week was such a good. Blessed with many miracles and peace. The Lord has truly blessed me. I am so grateful for it all. And I'm so grateful for all of you! I sure love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too much!

Until next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment