April 2, 2012

Week 62



Dearest Loved Ones!!!!!

It has been a great and interesting week...

Sister Yan was baptized on Saturday. It was a beautiful service and she bore a very sweet and powerful testimony of how she feels like Alma over coming her sins and how she hopes she can go on to greatness. It was beautiful.

But... It seems that with this great, exciting. and beautiful act of faith we also experience many investigators leave. Some saying they don't want to meet with us anymore or just that they aren't willing to keep commitments. It's always hard to see that you have no progressing investigators. Especially when your week started with them doing so well... But we have done all we can and we are trusting that the Lord has many that we are to go out and find.

We had a wonderful fireside last night about missionary work in hope to help members build more desire in sharing the gospel. I believe it worked. WE did a funny skit, watched small and simple things (or healing waters) which I had never seen before that was very powerful, and 2 wonderful talks that really brought the Spirit and the fire... It was so great! We received 7 new referrals at the end and that is going to be our first place to look for new investigators. What a blessing!

I continue to be reminded of all the wonderful examples in my life and just how grateful I am for all the help over the years. The examples that have helped me become who I am. It always amazes me how the Lord knows just who we are and where we are. He knows exactly what we need... Yesterday we had 2 really cool experiences with this. One we were on our bikes and this man started talking to Sister Tanner in english... We usually don't contact men but it was a self-contact so... we start talking to him and turns out he has a friend that served a mission, he had met with the missionaries before, been to church, and is still interested but going to school in Taipei. Well while were talking a great member Brother Lin and his twin and their cousin just happen to be out walking around right there. So we introduced them and it was just great. Then we asked about his friend and he said it was a girl so I asked her name and guess who it was. Sister Chen!!!!! Yep my 2nd companion in the field!!!! It was so crazy!!!! WOW!!! P.S. Sister Chen is getting married at the end of this month in the Washington D.C. Temple. Ahhh!!! I'm so happy for her!!! And P.P.S. can you believe it's April?  Such a tender mercy! Then we were off to the park where we met a man from Philly... He's her teaching english. We were able to talk to him and his girlfriend and it was really cool. My english is horrible and so awkward now.. I have to translate back to english so that was funny but luckily my companion speaks real good english and she can share the gospel in english. She has shared it with her friends at home so she was on fire! He was really cool. Baptist. Had a lot of great questions. And is willing to meet the with the Elders. YAY!!! So in both of these experiences these are not people necessarily for us to teach but we were right where we needed to be to find those that are ready and interested. And we were doing the work of the Lord finding them. He knows us. He knows where we are. He knows what we needs. He loves us!

I'm so excited for conference this weekend.... ahh I can't wait!

Well time is just flying by but there is a lot left for me to do!

I sure love you all soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!

Until next week!

Pics
1. Sister Yan
2. Sister Li and her new baby (a less active we have been working with)
3. Sister Tanner and I

No comments:

Post a Comment