August 1, 2011

Week 37

Nimen Hao

It has been a great and busy week!

BIG NEWS!!!!! I am now senior companion....ahhhhhhhh! So I might be freaking out just a bit.... It was a little bit of a surprise.... since I'm still pretty young in the mission transfers but I am excited for this new adventure (especially because I can't read the map haha)... My new companion is Sister Pomeroy! We were actually in the MTC together and became such good friends. We would always joke about the day we would become companions and now it is here! I LOVE her! She is from Texas (my first American companion haha) and she is such a great missionary.

The Chen family had their sweet baby! It was such an exciting day for them and I am grateful that they invited us to share in their new blessing and joy. Brother Chen said a beautiful prayer and prayed that his son would be able to go on a mission when he was older... it was so beautiful and such a wonderful thing to hear of what kind of a person they want their son to become and how they want to teach him the gospel. I love them!

We have a wonderful miracle investigator getting baptized this week. Sister Huang has been an investigator for almost 3 years. She has gone in and out and met with quite a few missionaries. She would go to church every Sunday but would not commit to baptism. She would attend a different ward than the one that she lives in. I met her one Sunday at church and we were able to meet with her a few times but she said that she did not want to get baptized..... Then one day I had a feeling we should try calling her and she said that the night before she was reading in 2 Nephi and now she knows that she needs to get baptized and she asked me when she could do it... I was so amazed I had to give the phone to Sister Li to make sure I understood her correctly..... It's been exciting and we are very happy that she can receive the blessing of baptism this week.

We also had some down falls this week. One of our investigators dropped out...  Sister Xu. We have been meeting with her for a few weeks. She seemed so golden. She loved learning about the gospel. She has a great understanding and remembered what we taught. It was really amazing. She lives in a nursing home and I believe she has autism or something like it because she is so smart. She was doing so great and then yesterday she brought a friend with her from this place that she lives to church. We could tell he didn't like us and that he was not interested. He kept telling her to leave and that she shouldn't meet with us or come to church.... later we found her and her friend smoking at church and she told us she didn't want to come to church anymore or meet with us.. It broke my heart. Especially because I don't feel like it is her true feelings or intentions. We want to try to meet with her again and see if that is truly her feelings or just her friend... :(

Well it's been a great week.... Excited for this week... freaking out a bit but its good!

I love you all so much!

Until next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment