June 22, 2011

Week 31

Nimen hao!!!!

Well hello again!

I'm so happy to hear that the family is doing well and that the trip to St. George was so fun!

Well I have so news.... I moved! Just today haha I moved from the south to the north of the mission. Which means I am in the middle of the island in a place called Zhang Hua (sorry I don't know the old pinyin way of writing it but it's just south west of Tai Zhong (Taichung) I was told that I was going to the country side.... but I think not. So far it seems like Salt Lake City, just in Asia, and more crowded. But, I love it already!

My new companion is so great! (Yes, this is my 4th transfer and my 4th companion!) Her name is Sister Li. She is from Taipei. (I have really been so blessed with the natives) She has been a member for almost 4 years! She is amazing! I can already tell that she is a go getter. She loves this work. She loves setting goals and hitting them! She is so sweet and so helpful and it's just day one... I'm excited for this transfer!

As for leaving my old area... I has a mix of emotions when I got the call Sat night. I was so sad to leave my previous area. #1 because I love the people! We had some really great investigators progressing. Like Xu Jiemei (last weeks email) is getting baptized on Saturday. And Wang Jiemei (also from last weeks email has a goal to be baptized in 2 weeks) Oh I just love the people!  #2 I love the wards (which I guess can be included in the people) I honestly feel so blessed to have served in those wards. Shi Zhong and Ling Ya... Oh just amazing! I feel that the Lord sent me there because He knew my trial and He knew that the members and investigators would help me with out knowing my situation or knowing that they were helping me... Truly so blessed. I cried pretty hard in both wards bearing my adieu testimony... Such a great place!

One thing that was really impressed on me this last transfer was the power of the atonement. I felt the power of the atonement continuing to heal me. I also realized that sometimes I fall short and sometimes I make mistakes but through the power of the atonement I can be forgiven and the Lord can make my weaknesses become strengths (Ether 12:27) It is so beautiful!

Sorry this is so short but I hope the pics make up for it!

I love you all so so so much!

Until next week!

Pictures!
1-4 Dragon Boat Festival

Pic 5 is this beautiful building called the 85... so cool!

Pic 6 cool sidewalk art

Pic 7 cool statue art

Pic 8 Zha Bo Bo! This is the cute old man I told you about a few weeks back! He is 93 and so great! And by the way his cute nurse is reading the scriptures! He is amazing! What a missionary! (oh and yes that is my cute previous companion Sister Chen. She came for a visit this weekend... I love her so very much!)

P.S. It was so good to talk to the fam for Father's Day! I love you!

Sorry that's all for this week... I'll try to send more next week!

LOVE YOU!








No comments:

Post a Comment