June 13, 2011

Week 30

NI HAO!!!

What a week!

First thing... it is burning hot here :) I walk outside and I'm dripping in sweat... okay not dripping but it's bad. Luckily this week we had a blast of wind which leads me to a funny story... so we were traveling on our bikes to go help a new member move. It had been really windy all morning and it kept getting worse. Well when it's windy it's kinda hard to ride your bike unless you are going with the wind... any other direction... not fun. So I was on my bike and we were coming up on an intersection and I saw a woman on her scooter so I was riding up to go talk to her. Well right when I got up to her (while still on my bike) this big blast of wind came from the side and knocked me over and I fell on her.... SO AWKWARD and so funny. Don't worry she was okay but I still had to talk to her so I smiled. apologized. and then invited her to church in a very awkward manner... oh it was so funny! (Not to mention with the wind your skirts do interesting things... I'm pretty sure I don't need details with this one but its been a good, funny time)

This week we meant a wonderful former named Sister Wang. She is adorable! She said that she has been baptized but we haven't found her record anywhere. Anywho she is so great! She's read the Book of Mormon 4 times and is currently in Jacob... WHAT? Oh amazing. Well on Sat she invited us over to go meet her friend Luo Baba. So we went to where Luo Baba lives which is next to the highest building in Taiwan called the 85 (so pretty) well he lives across the street in between these two bike trails like the one behind our house. He had these 3 little shack things. Its really cool. Well Luo Baba loves to garden. He has this big tree in the shape of an elephant (yep Edward scissorhands style) Then some cool heart, sun, and moon trees. Oh do you want to know how old he is...72 and he is still climbing these trees. He also has a big bench press and I'm not even sure what other weight lifting equipment but I tried and could not move a thing but oh can he still do it. He does pull ups and gymnastic tricks and he is 72.... AMAZING! He is fun and Wang Jiemei is great so we are going to try to figure out the baptism thing and help her really enjoy the blessings of the gospel. And Luo Baba too :)

We have a few great investigators progressing right now. One, Xu Jiemei, is so great! We started meeting with her 3-4 weeks ago and she is so great! She has so much faith! She sweeps the roads so she is outside for most of the day. Her husband, mom, and dad are all sick so she is taking care of them. She is amazing. She wants to learn. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and she was just like "oh I didn't know that.. I will obey. I'll get rid of all my tea tonight." I was like "Wow!" such faith. No question just "I will obey." Love her!

So last week was the great Dragon Boat Festival!!! So fun! We went with the other sisters in our zone. We also found this really cool art area that had this awesome skate park. Sonny, you would love it! Its in an old art museum... so cool. It was a fun day!

Sorry this is so short and random but it has been a good week!

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Until next week!

p.s. pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment