April 5, 2011

Week 20

Ni Hao!

It's been a good and busy week....

My new area is BEAUTIFUL!!!! City, mountains, beaches, and we have a cute little island in our area...We have the beautiful love river in front of our apartment... I love it! And there are so many great people. The wards are awesome. The members are very supportive. The investigators are so great... My companion is amazing!!!! She is so sweet and helpful. We're already such good friends, which helps so much because we have fun while doing the work. I just love her!!!!

So story leading up the Xie Family's amazing baptism...So Elder Vernon was the district leader in my first area and he is currently the district leader in my new area... He's great! Well the Xie family asked to have Elder Vernon baptise them so we both needed to receive permission from President Bishop to go to the baptism. President Bishop said yes but then we had the problem of English class... If both of us and our companions went there would only be 2 missionaries left to teach 3 classes and have 1 at the door... So we needed some fill in companions... Elder Vernon found someone fast but I could not find anyone to go with me... I finally found someone at 6:45 and we needed to leave at 7 so it was a little stressful. Her name is Judy and she actually just put in her papers.. she's so cute! Well we started our bike ride that is usually 45 min knowing that we needed to do it in about 20 minutes... AHH!!! It was so crazy! My legs felt like jello when I got there... but the bike ride was more than worth it!

The baptism was so wonderful! So many people came to support them. They were so happy! Xie Dixiong (brother), who was raised Christian, bore a strong testimony about Joseph Smith, the restoration, and the Book of Mormon. It was so great. And Xie Jiemei (sister)  bore a beautiful testimony of prayer and receiving answers to her prayers. It was amazing. It bore testimony to me that the Lord does all the work. I open my mouth and say what I can but the Lord is the one that opens and touches their hearts. It truly is amazing...They are such a beautiful family and they have the testimonies and support to stay strong in the gospel... Oh it was so amazing....

It was a great week! So many tender mercies and sweet miracles. I truly feel so blessed and recognize how aware Heavenly Father is of me and how much He loves His children. It is wonderful!

I love you all soooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment