April 15, 2011

Week 21

Ni hao!

It has been another good week here in Taiwan...

On Tuesday we had a big mission service activity... Tomb Sweeping. Basically once a year family members go and clean their ancestors tombs... Well, seeing as it is only once a year the tomb-yard looks quite.... bad and not taken care of. There was so much garbage, weeds, and overgrown trees. We spent 3 hours cleaning up the area, pulling out the weeds, and taking down trees. It was good work. I was worried about how I would handle the day since it was mom's birthday and I was cleaning graves. But I was very blessed and able to focus on the work and do some service. I was also blessed to be around people I love and who love me (sweet Sister Smith, my mtc companion). Sister Bishop called that night to check up on me. She said that she remembered that it was mom's birthday and she wanted to make sure I was doing okay and see how I did with tomb sweeping... It is amazing how the Lord sends the people we need just at the time we need them.

The rest of the week went well. My companion and I were blessed to have a lot of lessons this week. We were just going and going and going.... It was great to be busy and so wonderful to be teaching...

One sister we're teaching right now is Zhuang Xuan Jian. She is so great. She said one of the most beautiful prayers this week during the lesson. She told Heavenly Father that she really wants to be baptized and asked Him to help her be able to come to church on Sundays because her work schedule wouldn't allow it at this time and she really wants to keep the sabbath day holy... I was so amazed by her faith and sincerity... It was wonderful.

We also ended up having one of our investigators, Li Ya Hui, teach another one of our investigators, Nai Hua. It was amazing to hear Ya Hui bear her sweet testimony and share stories from the Book of Mormon to help Nai Hua overcome her challenge at this time. After I asked Ya Hui why she isn't baptized and she said that she feels inadequate. It broke my heart... She has been meeting with missionaries for months and has been having this struggle...I know she has a testimony and that she truly has a love for the gospel... I love her and I know she will be baptized some day...

Wasn't Conference just amazing?... (we are a week later because of translation... and don't worry the missionaries watch it in english) Oh it was a great spiritual feast! I don't even know where to start...I feel that many talks were speaking just to me, my family, our investigators... I loved how Elder Holland ended it saying that those who speak, for the most part, are not given topics to speak on. It is truly guided and directed by the Spirit... It amazes me. We talked to some investigators and new members afterwards and it was interesting how different speakers spoke to us personally and how we were able to hear and feel different things as well... So amazing. The Lord knows us so well... I truly stand all amazed.

There have been many angels both living and on the other side of the veil helping me this week and I feel so blessed... It is amazing.

Well, I best be going...

I love you all.....

Until next week!

P.S. Here's a picture of the Xie Family's baptism last week! Aren't they so cute?!

P.P.S. I'll try to be better at sending pictures... I always run out of time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment