December 26, 2011

Week 58

Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was so good to talk to you and see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! You all look so good! I just can't get over it! I LOVE you all so much!!!!! You truly mean so much to me! I hope everyone had such a good Christmas! Christmas here was so special!

On Thursday we had a wonderful mission Christmas activity. We woke up bright and early to be on a bus at 5:30am to go to the surprise location. We were on the bus for a few hours (We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on the bus. I was so excited because I didn't think we would see it.) then we got to a beautiful mountain with a sign that said "Sun Moon Lake." I was so excited!!!! It was so beautiful! We went up to the very top of the mountain and took some pictures with the whole mission. (P.S. I think they are sending you a recording of us singing because we also sang some carols there too) It was so great to see all my friends! Some that I haven't talk to since the MTC! It was so great! It felt like a huge family reunion! Later we had a nice steak dinner and a very beautiful and spiritual devotional. It was such a great day!

Christmas Eve was special as well. We had a wonderful Christmas activity with our 2 branches here. We watched a beautiful movie about Christ's birth. There were fun skits and talents and a beautiful slide show of the Temples in the world with beautiful testimonies. Sister Wainright and I put Christmas lights up in our room and brought in our space heater which lights up the room like we have a fireplace in there. We read the book "You are Special" and told fun Christmas stories and sang Silent Night and fell asleep.

Christmas Morning we woke up early so Sister Wainright could skype her family before church. It was so fun to watch her and meet her family! Then we went to church. We called a lot of investigators, new members, and less actives to help get them to church,one less active being Sister Li. We have been working with her for a bit. She hasn't been to church for years. We have also been teaching her teenage son. We called her and she said she couldn't make it. We were rather bummed when we went up to the chapel. But then who did we see.... Sister Li and her son. Then another less active family we have been working with...... then another...... then another. Then investigators started coming....... Oh the joy! Sister Wainright and I really wanted to have a white Christmas with a baptism but we realized our Christmas was truly white in it's own way. Our own Christmas miracle! It was so amazing! Then later last night we went to a park by a night market and caroled with members in our branch. It was so fun. It just felt like Christmas. As we were ending with Silent Night I looked over to all the members and teared up. A feeling of love and appreciation came over me. I love these beautiful Taiwanese people. I am so grateful to be here serving. I am so grateful for our Savior and for the opportunity I have to bear testimony of Him.

I love you all so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!

Until next week!

P.S. I have more pictures to send but the camera just died.......... next week! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment