December 26, 2011

Week 56

HELLO! HELLO!

Wow it has been a really crazy and interesting first week in JiaYi (ChiaYi.) I got really sick this week... still not exactly sure what it was. It started early Tuesday morning. I had really sharp pains in my stomach and I couldn't stop running to the bathroom. I tried to keep working until the pains got really bad in the afternoon then called Sister Bishop and she had me get some medicine and rest. Well the pains kept getting worse so the next morning I went to the doctor and he said that the good news was that as of then it wasn't a parasite.... he gave me some pills and a strict diet of water rice and told me to rest and said if the pain moves lower it could be a parasite.... So sweet Sister Wainright was stuck calling phones for most of the day Wednesday (I still feel so bad.) Well I stopped running to the bathroom so frequently so we were able to get back out and teaching... then we got stopped by the cops which is a story for another day.... anywho the pain wouldn't go away and it had started to move lower so I went back to the doctor and found out that I had eaten or drank something unsanitary so my stomach and intestines are inflamed... so I was put on another great diet (because just thinking of the water rice made me gag) which was rice and bread with out the crust aka I'M STARVING!!!!!!!!! I was able to receive a beautiful blessing from the Elders and have seen a big improvement. It was amazing! I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and to see and feel it in my life. I feel much better today and have been able to expand the diet to include apples and bananas.... What a week!

But I do love JiaYi! Its so fun! It's a great city! Sister Wainright is amazing! She used to be a efy counselor :) so we hit it off pretty well! She loves the work. She loves it here. We got to know each other pretty fast with the sickness... so that was good!

We met a really cute new and awesome investigator Sister Liu. She was actually a referral. She is so great! She has a really big testimony of Joseph Smith and wants to get baptized asap. She also has a big testimony of prayer and has already seen the blessings in here life. I am really excited to continue working with her. She is amazing!

We also met with some really great less actives that have family members who are now investigating the church. I hope we can continue working with them and help them really progress and receive the full blessings of the gospel.

It's been a good week. I love this work! It is so amazing! It was so hard to stay in but I'm really so excited to get back out there for a full week of work!

I love you all!!!!!!!!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment