December 5, 2011

Week 55

Hello!!!!!

Wow! I moved............................ To a place in the south of Taiwan called Chiayi (Jia Yi). Leaving my last area was really, really hard. I was there for 6 months. I love the people there. They truly became my Taiwanese family. The members there are so great. Truly my little family. Bearing my testimony yesterday was really hard. I just cried. I wish there were words to describe my love for the people there and how grateful I am that I could serve there. There were many tears shed but it will be good.

It was really hard to leave Sister Watterson. I have so loved serving with her...... I am so grateful for her. I have seen her grow and do things that she didn't think she could do and in return have had the same experience. I have become a better missionary because of her. I will forever be grateful for our time together and I know that it will bless my life..... I love her. I wish you could meet her... but you will soon-ish.... she has a while.

My new area seems really great! Chiayi is technically country but I am in the main city. And this is where my previous (as in second in field) companion Sister Chen was born and raised and just so happens to be here again... So it's got to be a good place because she came out of it. :) My companions name is Sister Wainright. She is adorable! She is from Mackay, Idaho. I love her already! It's going to be great here!

Last week was so great! So great! We had so many lessons and we saw so many amazing miracles! We met a sweet little less active Sister Ji this week. This was such a tender mercy. She used to live in Taichung but moved to Zhanghua because her mom is really sick and in the hospital. She has been in the hospital for 7 years. Sister Ji has been a member for about 14 years. She has had many trials in her life but this one is her greatest. She told us that she can't believe in God because her mother is still sick and God wouldn't do that to her. I just hurt for her... Sister Watterson then did a beautiful thing. She told her of this friend that she has that went through a trial like hers. She told her of me and mom's passing and me staying. She said it all so beautifully and so by the Spirit.. then she asked her " do you know who this friend is?" ... "No".... "Sister Bray"... Sister Ji just started to cry. It was such a sweet tender moment. It was so amazing... as she talked I had so many thoughts come into my mind of what scripture to share. Going from the Bible to the Book of Mormon. I knew that all of thoughts were coming from the Spirit. I didn't know how i was going to express them but when I opened the mouth... they just flowed right out of me. I was given the word right when I needed it.... Such a miracle. We met with her the nest day and could see that her faith was already coming back. We also found out that a member in our ward is one of her good friends from Taichung so she came as well. It was such a blessing.

I needed to be there at that time. It amazes me how well the Lord knows each of us and how He will let our paths cross right when we need them to. "It passes all my understanding."

I love you all so so so so so so much!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment