September 26, 2011

Week 44

Nimen Hao!!!!!

It has been another great week here in Zhang Hua!

The birthday was a blast! We had a little celebration last preparation day. We made the cute cake you all sent and ate, ate, ate. It was so much fun! I loved reading all the letters from the fam. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love you guys!

I am having so much fun training! Sister Watterson is amazing and really training me. She is ready to do it all and she is a fast learner. She is picking everything up so fast and she is laughing everyday. She is doing awesome! We really are so meant to be... we have so so so so much in common. It's crazy! We definitely were long, lost friends reconnected in Taiwan. I LOVE HER!

We had an awesome experience with Sister Liu this week. She is a work-a-holic. She said for a while that she couldn't come to church because she needed to work... Well a few weeks ago she had faith and found a way to come for sacrament and again the next week. This past week we met with her and she asked us what she should say when her clients offer her tea... she then told us how she told all of her co-workers and family that she doesn't tea, coffee, or alcohol anymore and she just takes her water everywhere.So awesome!!! I was so impressed by her change and dedication. It was a testimony to me of the hand behind the work. The Lord really does all the work... It is so amazing!

Also, we have seen a big change in Bree. When we first met her she was very down and seemed  somewhat angry, but now when we see her she's happy and smiling. She's willing to help and serve. I am learning so much about her and from her. She is such an amazing person. Her cute friend Jessica and other roommates commented on the change they have noticed and it brings so much joy to my heart! She is starting to feel the Saviors love! You can see that change in her countenance. It is glorious!

Yesterday was such a powerful Sabbath. Church was amazing! Both the Bishop and the Second Counselor spoke on the members welcoming investigators, new members, and less actives. They commented on how it is they must feel coming into the ward and the importance of loving them as the Savior does. The Bishop also talked about the father's role at home with scripture study and family home evening. It was amazing! After Church we were able to meet with the Bishop. It was so good. He told us of the goals that they have right now and what he would like us to help with and families to visit. I am so grateful for meeting with him. I know it will truly bless the work here in Zhang Hua 1st ward. While we were meeting with him I had this big impression that Sister Watterson needed to come to this area. This is where she needed to be trained and I needed to train her. I thought of all the amazing ways the Lords hands have been in the work regarding us. From the time we started thinking of going on a mission until now... It is truly miraculous!

Yesterday I also thought about the power of revelation. I was thinking about how powerful it is that we are receiving revelation for our investigators, new members, members, less actives, and even the people we contact on the street. It amazes me! The power, authority, and responsibility that we have. WOW! It is such a beautiful lesson of receiving revelation and truly such an amazing preparation for our future families and callings.

I love my mission! I cannot imagine my life without it now. It is so amazing and I will always be grateful for it. I love this work!

I love all of you so so so soooooooo much!!!!!!

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment