February 20, 2011

Week 14

Ni hao!

Hello from Taiwan!

Its been a great week!

We had some wonderful experiences meeting people this week....

First, Xiu Xiu. We met her on the street by her house. She is so sweet. It turns out that one of our members has been praying for her to meet the missionaries. It was only a few minutes after we met her that he called and boy was he so excited to know that we met her and that we were going to start meeting with her! Such a beautiful tender mercy! She's so great. She has a lot of things to overcome so we know that it is going to take her quite a bit of time but I just love her!

Second, Xu Jiemei and Lai Dixiong! So Xu jiemei is an old investigator that we decided to call this week and set up an appointment with her. She's Christian and so sweet. She has a really strong testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and had wanted to get baptized but her parents didn't want her to until she was 20 (that's the adult age here) Well she is now 20 :) She doesn't remember a lot from her previous lessons, probably because it's been over a year, but she does remember that she enjoys reading the Book of Mormon! .... Now to Lai Dixiong... he is Xu jiemei's friend that she brought with her to our first lesson. We were explaining the Book of Mormon and had one to give to him and he was like "oh I already have one..." Turns out he is also a former investigator... It was so awesome. Another beautiful tender mercy!

Now to Hao Mei. I love this girl... She is so amazing! Right now her baptism is scheduled for March 5. She is still having a hard time understanding why she needs to be baptized... this week she realized why she needs a Savior. It was so amazing... It took a big scripture hunt but she finally got it. She is so sweet and truly golden. She just doesn't know it yet.

This week I have been thinking a lot about the atonement... the power of the atonement truly amazes me. I have been so blessed to know of the atonement and the Saviors love for me. To know that I don't have to do anything alone and to know that He not only suffered for my sins but for my every pain, affliction, trial, sickness, everything! As I understand the atonement of Jesus Christ more and more I realize why it is so important for everyone to know of this truth and how it will bless their lives... It is AMAZING!

It has been another great week full of tender mercies!

I love it here!

I love all of you!

Until next week!!!

Oh p.s. I'm pretty sure I ate chicken testicles this week.... not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment