January 22, 2012

Week 62

Dearest Family!!!!!!
 
I love you so much!
 
It has been a great and interesting week!!! With many miracles.
 
This week has been such a wonderful learning experience.... I was blessed to have many companions in a way different than I expected... over the week I had 5 different companions.... Let me introduce them to you....
 
First, It was a sweet new member Sister Zhang. She is so great! She was baptized in October. She has a beautiful testimony and desire to serve, She memorized Joseph Smith's First Vision so she would be able to share it with investigators. She was ready to get out and contact and share what she knows. It was so great to watch and I learned so much from her approach.
 
Second, was Sister Wu. She is in our ward here. She is actually preparing to go on a mission to Taipei on Feb. 3. She is so great! And she was so so so so busy! I was so grateful she was willing to serve with me. I learned a lot from her example and her faith. Her and her brother live with their Grandma who was recently in a bad car accident and has some health problems. She is nervous to leave on her mission. I was able to share my testimony of the Lord's plan and not to worry but to find comfort in the plan He has for her and her family. They will be blessed for her sacrifice and service.
 
Third, Sister Lin. She is actually a new member here in our ward. We are good friends! She's younger and a lot of fun. She love baking us treats. I was so impressed by here desire to serve. She was always asking questions on what she could do and how to help. She was talking to everyone and having a good time doing it. It was so fun! I was able to learn a lot more about her and her life. It was a great experience.
 
Fourth, Sister Cai. She is also a new member here. I love her!!! She is so so so so shy! We meet with her often and it's so hard to get her to open up and talk. But she was also so willing to share the gospel. She was out on her bike and talking to people. At dinner she really opened up to me and I finally found out what she likes to do and why she is so shy. I love her! She is so meek and humble. There was so much joy in seeing and feeling her bear her testimony.
 
Fifth, Sister Chen (not my previous companion) She is also a member here. I LOVE her!!!! She actually wanted to come serve as a short term but she couldn't get off work.... She was also out on the go. She loves the work! She is so funny. She called me at night to tell me she loved me and good night because she felt bad that I didn't have a companion to say good night to. (Don't worry I was with the other Sisters so I was not alone. Completely safe!) Her and Sister Lin would tell all the members that they are my junior companion. It was so cute. Sister Chen just called to say thank you and to make sure my companion would be coming in okay... She is so sweet! She skypped "her" missionary this morning and showed her a picture of her and her companion (me). It was such a sweet feeling.
 
I really learned so much from these beautiful sisters. At the beginning of the week I struggled and felt alone.... especially at night when I was planning alone... But then the Lord help me recognize 2 things... 1 was that I wasn't alone. Even though I felt that I was doing some of the work alone, I wasn't. He was always with me. 2 I needed to change my attitude. I needed to be grateful for this experience. As soon as that changed my load was lightened and there was lots of sunshine and beautiful experiences. I felt so much love form my companions and the ward. Members calling to make sure I was okay and had a companion. It really was such a beautiful and memborable week.
 
I also learned so much about and from the other Sisters I live with. Sister Sumko from Utah and Sister Laxi from Taiwan. We had a lot of fun and learned a lot.
 
And now to my new companion...... Sister Amelia Jean Wu!!!!! Okay so her name is Amy and I met this girl at the beginning of my mission. She loves the sisters. She really is one of my dearest friends. She lived in ZhangHua so she would come and play with us a lot. She is an amazing missionary!!!!!! And I'm so excited for her to get here! She is way to good to me!!!!!
 
So it has been a great and stretching week. My testimony has grown so much and my knowledge of my purpose has been divinely increased. It was a beautiful week! And now we are having Chinese New Years and we are going to eat way too much!!!!
 
Well I best be going! I LOVE you all sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!
 
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment