January 17, 2012

Week 61

Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oh how I love you so so so so so much!!!!!!
 
The work has been great this week! We saw many miracles!
 
Also it's a new transfer... so you know what that means.... or in my case it often means this.... a new companion. Yep, Sister Wainright left me today.. to who you might be wondering. Well, that's a funny story. I don't really have a companion..... let me explain. So our mission does a little thing called duanchuan's or short-term missionaries. I'm not sure if I have explained this before... but basically when the mission doesn't have enough or an even number of missionaries they ask for members to come and be a missionary for a bit so we don't have to close or combine areas. Hopefully the whole transfer but it all depends on the member. Well we found out yesterday morning that Sister Wainright was leaving and that I would have short-term. I called the Assistants this morning to find out when my new companion was coming and they said "Sister Bray, we haven't really found you a companion yet." I was a little nervous but I'm just in a trio with the other sisters in our apartment until they can find me a companion. :)  So that's the interesting story for today!
 
Miracles for this week!...
 
We were so busy this week! Just going, going, going!!!!!! Especially Tuesday and Saturday. We were going from lesson to lesson. Saturday was full of miracles. So we hadn't been able to get a hold of Sister Xu all week. We kept trying to visit her but she wasn't there. Well Saturday morning we were at the church meeting with a new investigator and the Elders told us that they had seen Sister Xu the day before on the street so they stopped and talked to her. She told them that she felt that her faith wasn't big enough. That she just couldn't do it. She compared herself to Nephi's older brothers. That tried to help her and invited her to come to church. When Sister Wainright and I heard this we were so grateful and knew that our prayers had been answered. We decided to fast for her to come to church. We saw so many blessings during this fast. We visited a investigator and heard of her prayers being answered and her reading of the Book of Mormon. We went to the church to meet a new investigator who came hugging the Book of Mormon that the Elders had given her. Then as we were leaving a cute mom and daughter came and asked if they could talk to us for a second and see the church. We gladly gave them a tour and taught them about Heavenly Father and prayer. Then we had another lesson with a progressing investigator where she committed to come to church... Then on Sunday. We walked into the church... and saw Sister Xu. So happy to be there and so sorry that she hadn't contacted us before. I was so full of joy. Tears in my eyes. I just wanted to hug her and tell her how much we love her... so I did! Oh our hearts were full.... It was such a tender mercy. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and He truly blesses us for our sacrifices. When we fast we truly become nearer to Him and can become more focused on His purpose and plan.
 
I love this work so much. Time is going by sooooooooooooooooooooo fast! I feel like I just got here to JiaYi but that was 6 weeks ago..... Time just keeps flying by.....
 
I wanted to show you a miracle from President Bishop's letter this week:
This week I had the wonderful experience of visiting a man whom I had taught and helped baptized almost 40 years ago.  He has not attended church for many years.  He is 90 years old, but still in good health.  At first he did not want to let me in. He said he did not want further contact with the church.  Then I showed him a picture of us together on the day of his baptism. He looked at me and said, “Are you 仲長老?”   When I said I was, he invited me in.  We talked about old times, shared a scripture, and sang a hymn. Although he did not accept my invitation to return to church, I was deeply touched that after all these years, he still remembered his 福音長老.   As missionaries, you have tremendous influence on those you teach and baptize. Please continue to write them and encourage activity in the church.  Encourage them to read, pray, keep the commandments, and attend the temple.  Help them to know that you remember them, love them, and desire their salvation.   (The attached pictures are of President Bishop and his wonderful convert)
 
Well I love you all so very much! You are in my prayers! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Until next week!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment