March 22, 2011

Week 18

This weeks letter home might be a little different... and I'm sorry if it doesn't all make sense...

I decided to share something from my personal study a few weeks ago that has brought me great peace at this time...

A few weeks ago, as I was studying the Plan of Salvation, I had a question... What happens to us after we die? What is the spirit world?... I would like to share a few things I learned and what I know to be true.... I learned that after we leave this life we are taken home to that God who gave us life. Those that are righteous live in a state of happiness, a state of rest from all troubles, cares, and sorrows. A state of peace... As I was studying there was a line that stood out to me in Preach My Gospel about the Atonement. It says, "All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." I realized then how the Atonement truly makes the plan of salvation possible. It covers life and death and into eternity. The Savior suffered not only for our sins but for our every pain and sorrow. His Atonement stretches to those in the spirit world.. to give them comfort and peace and to also help them strengthen their relationships with the Savior and become more like Him.... "All that is unfair can be made right..." That includes us here as we cope with the loss of mom.... To know that this is part of Heavenly Father's plan... That she is in a place of peace and happiness. That she is with Missy and Grandpa Sonny and other loved ones that have passed before her... That she is watching over us and that she'll continue helping us through out our lives....... This loss is hard but I know that we will see her again...

The decision to stay was a very hard one...... I knew that if I came home I wouldn't come back.....  I realized that even though my family might need me, the people here need me more and that the blessings my family would receive for my service would be worth so much more than coming home...

I am so grateful for all the many beautiful lessons my mom taught me that has made me who I am today. I am grateful for the time we were able to spend together just before I left... She is truly amazing. My mother and my friend. I love her so much and miss her dearly but I know that we will dance together again......

I love you all.

Until next week...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elle.. I dont even know if you remember me.. but i used to live right by you and we were like best friends in 6th grade! anyways.. i am truly sorry to hear about your loss.. i cant even imagine , but i know that she is in a better place. my prayers go out to you and family . - Shaylei Anderson Halling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle - You are truly amazing. Once again, you are a powerful example to me. Be looking for my letter sweetie. It's on it's way. Know you are in my prayers and thoughts constantly!

    Love you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete