December 13, 2010

Week 4

Hi All!!!!!
 
So... everyday we have an hour of gym time. Which is a little long, since i am not the best at working out and dancing is not allowed. So i decided to start playing some volleyball. I play with missionaries from my zone. As most of you know sports aren't really my thing. But...i try anyways which makes a good time of laughter for everyone playing. So the other day I was playing an intense game of the volley. I turned to the side to talk to my companion when the elder on my side of the court decided to serve the ball. And guess where it went? Right to my face. Don't worry my companion ducked out of the way before without warning me (I love her). I fell to the ground laughing but because I cry when I laugh it just looked like i was crying. So of course all of the elders were worried (after they had all fallen to the ground and laughed for a bit as well). But the best part is they came to make sure I was OK and wanted to carry me off the court or help but they all realized they can't touch me or counsel me in anyway. So we all just sat there and laughed. the other best part is that the elders up stretching and running saw the hit so everyone knows me as the girl who got hit in the face.... Good time! 
 
Now to a good story. We were teaching one of our investigators...Liu Tai Tai. We began the lesson with some casual chit chat. Which lead to this question: Do you sister have boyfriends in America? We had no idea what she was asking. When it finally clicked we just laughed and had no idea how to respond. We tried to say later or after the mission. But then the question came...what do American boys like? Once again we didn't know what she was asking and didn't know how to answer. All we could stay was we are still learning. At the end, after the closing prayer she told us we should pray for God to give us boyfriends! YEP! It was hilarious!  
 
Our next lesson with Liu Tai Tai went much better. We had asked her to pray but she wouldn't. We finally realized she didn't know who she was praying to so she was scared to pray. Because she was raised Buddhist her concept of God was completely different from ours. She didn't know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. She only knew multiple gods who you worship. We decided to share with her Alma 18: 24-34. Which talks about Ammon teaching King Lamoni about who God is and about heaven and the creation and how we are created in his image. The spirit was SO strong. We all knew that she felt it too. We then read the remainder of the verses about how Ammon said that he was sent from God as a messenger. She then related that to us. She knew the love of God. She knew that God had sent us to her. She asked us why he hadn't sent us sooner...It broke our hearts. We didn't know the words to try to explain it. All we could say is that we were both being prepared. This made me realize how important it is for people to know that God loves them. They need to feel Gods love for them personally... It was AMAZING!
 
It's been a great week. Sister Okada turned 22...we surprised her with the BEST gift ever...yep from the MTC bookstore...we were creative. I love you all.
 
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment